Forms and Documents
- Determination of a clinical diagnosis
- Identification of gene implicated in genetic disease
- Recurrence risk assessment
XomeDx, or exome sequencing (ES), can be used to identify the underlying molecular basis of a genetic disorder in an affected individual and is best suited for patients who have a genetic condition that routine genetic testing has not been able to identify. The XomeDx test targets exons, which are the protein-coding regions of the human genome. Exons are captured and sequenced using massively parallel sequencing.
XomeDx and XomeDxPlus test reports will include analysis of ACMG secondary findings in the proband unless the proband is opted-out. The presence of any secondary finding(s) reported for the proband will be provided for all relatives tested by XomeDx or XomeDxPlus. GeneDx does not conduct an independent evaluation of secondary findings in relatives as part of the proband’s XomeDx test.
**Due to extremely high demand for GeneDx’s exome and genome testing, current TAT may extend up to a few weeks longer for some cases. This does not affect TAT for XomeDxXpress, Priority or Prenatal. Please reach out to your local GeneDx Testing Specialist if you need further assistance. **
- Next-Gen Sequencing
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Singleton AB. Exome sequencing: a transformative technology. Lancet Neurol. 2011 Oct;10(10):942-6.
- Ng SB, Bigham AW, Buckingham KJ, Hannibal MC, McMillin MJ, Gildersleeve HI, Beck AE, Tabor HK, Cooper GM, Mefford HC, Lee C, Turner EH, Smith JD, Rieder MJ, Yoshiura K, Matsumoto N, Ohta T, Niikawa N, Nickerson DA, Bamshad MJ, Shendure J. Exome sequencing
- Ku CS, Naidoo N, Pawitan Y. Revisiting Mendelian disorders through exome sequencing. Hum Genet. 2011 Apr;129(4):351-70. Epub 2011 Feb 18.
- Bamshad MJ, Ng SB, Bigham AW, Tabor HK, Emond MJ, Nickerson DA, Shendure J. Exome sequencing as a tool for Mendelian disease gene discovery. Nat Rev Genet. 2011 Sep 27;12(11):745-55.