Forms and Documents
- Pancreatic cancer diagnosed at an early age
- Multiple cancers in one person (such as pancreatic cancer and breast cancer)
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and/or related cancers (including breast, colon, melanoma etc.) on the
- same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
- Deletion/Duplication Analysis
- Next-Gen Sequencing
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Canto MI et al. International Cancer of the Pancreas Screening (CAPS) Consortium summit on the management of patients with increased risk for familial pancreatic cancer. Gut. 2013 Mar;62(3):339-47. (PMID 23135763)
- Durno CA, Holter S, Sherman PM, Gallinger S. The gastrointestinal phenotype of germline biallelic mismatch repair gene mutations. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Nov;105(11):2449-56. (PMID 20531397)
- Eckerle Mize D, Bishop M, Resse E, and Sluzevich J (2009). Familial Atypical Multiple Mole Melanoma Syndrome. In Riegert-Johnson DL, Boardman LA, Hefferon T, and Roberts M (Eds), Cancer Syndromes [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): NCBI.
- Frantzen C, Links TP, and Giles RH. Von Hippel-Lindau Disease. (2000 [updated 2012]). In Pagon RA, Adam MP, Bird TD, Dolan CR, Fong CT, and Stephens K (Eds), GeneReviews [Internet]. Seattle (WA): University of Washington, Seattle.
- Grover S, Syngal S. Hereditary pancreatic cancer. Gastroenterol 2010 Oct;139(4):1076-80. (PMID 20727885)
- Lowenfels AB and Maisonneuve P. Epidemiology and risk factors for pancreatic cancer. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2006 Apr;20(2):197-209. (PMID 16549324)
- Lynch HT, Smyrk, Kern SE, et al. Familial pancreatic cancer: a review. Semin Oncol. 1996 Apr;23(2):251-75. (PMID 8623061)
- Brand RE, Lynch HT. Hereditary pancreatic adenocarcinoma. A clinical perspective. Med Clin North Am. 2000 May;84(3):665-75. (PMID 10872423)
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009: Lifetime Risk Tables (URL: http://surveillance.cancer.gov/devcan) [July 2013 accessed].
- Wimmer K and Kratz CP. Constitutional mismatch repair-deficiency syndrome. Haematologica. 2010 May; 95(5): 699–701. (PMID 20442441)