Forms and Documents
- Cancer at a young age, such as breast, colon, or renal cancer
- Multiple cancers in one person, either of the same origin (such as two separate colon cancers) or of different origins (such as breast cancer and ovarian cancer)
- Diagnosis of certain rare cancers, such as ovarian or male breast cancer
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with the same or related cancers on the same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
- Deletion/Duplication Analysis
- Next-Gen Sequencing
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Canto MI et al. International Cancer of the Pancreas Screening (CAPS) Consortium summit on the management of patients with increased risk for familial pancreatic cancer. Gut. 2013 Mar;62(3):339-47. (PMID 23135763)
- National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health. What you need to know about: cancer; risk factors. (URL: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics) [July 2013 accessed].
- NCCN Guidelines. Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian. Version 2.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [May 2013 accessed].
- NCCN Guidelines. Colorectal Cancer Screening. Version 1.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [May 2013 accessed].
- NCCN Guidelines. Gastric Cancer. (URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp) [July 2014 accessed].
- NCCN Guidelines. Genetic/Familial High?Risk Assessment: Colorectal. (URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp) [May 2014 accessed].
- Saslow D et al. American Cancer Society Guidelines for Breast Screening with MRI as an Adjunct to Mammography. CA Cancer J Clin. 2007 May-Jun; 57(3):185. (PMID 17392385)
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009: Lifetime Risk Tables (URL: http://surveillance.cancer.gov/devcan) [July 2013 accessed].