- Chromosomal Abnormalities
For prenatal diagnostic samples:
- Fetal abnormalities detected by ultrasound, abnormal maternal serum screening test result, advanced maternal age, family history of chromosome abnormality, abnormal aCGH result requiring chromosome analysis for clarification, recurrent spontaneous abortions.
- Fetal tissue obtained after a miscarriage (products of conception) can also be submitted for chromosome analysis and/or aCGH.
For peripheral blood samples:
- Multiple congenital abnormalities with or without mental retardation/developmental delay; family history of chromosome abnormality; infertility; short stature; recurrent spontaneous abortions.
- Sometimes a skin or tissue biopsy may be used to provide material for chromosome analysis.
88230x1, 88262x1, 88291x1
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
**Reporting times are typical and begin once the sample(s) are received at the GeneDx laboratory, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx’s reasonable control.
Targeted Variant Testing