Forms and Documents
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis in a patient of appropriate ethnic background
- Carrier testing in unaffected family members or unaffected members of the general population of the appropriate ethnic background.
- Prenatal diagnosis
- 270.2 Other disturbances of aromatic amino-acid metabolism, Albinism, Alkaptonuria, Alkaptonuric ochronosis, Disturbances of metabolism of tyrosine and tryptophan, Homogentisic acid defects, Hydroxykynureninuria Hypertyrosinemia, Indicanuria, Kynureninase defects, Oasthouse urine disease, Ochronosis, Tyrosinosis, Tyrosinuria, Waardenburg syndrome
- 287.1 Qualitative platelet defects, Thrombasthenia (hemorrhagic) (hereditary), Thrombocytasthenia, Thrombocytopathy (dystrophic), Thrombopathy (Bernard-Soulier)
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Huizing, M., Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome Type 3 in Ashkenazi Jews and other non-Puerto Rican patients with hypopigmentation and platelet storage-pool deficiency, Am J Hum Gen 69:1022-32, 2001
- Anikster, Y, et al. Mutation in a novel gene causes a unique form of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome in a genetic isolate of central Puerto Rico, Nat. Gen. 28:376-380, 2001
- Oh, J., et al., Positional cloning of a gene for Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome, a disorder of cytoplasmic organelles, Nat. Gen., 14;300-306, 1996