Forms and Documents
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- To differentiate HLRCC from other hereditary cancer predisposition syndromes such as VHL and BHD
- To determine an appropriate medical surveillance and treatment plan for at risk family members
- Carrier testing for parents of a child with FHD
- Risk assessment
- Prenatal diagnosis in FHD families with known mutations
*Reporting times are typical, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx's reasonable control.
- 215 Other benign neoplasm of connective and other soft tissue
**The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Alam, N.A. et al., Genetic and functional analyses of FH mutations in multiple cutaneous and uterine leiomyomatosis, hereditary leiomyomatosis, renal cancer, and fumarate hydratase deficiency. Hum Mol Genet 2003; 12:1241-1252
- Ahvenainen et al. Cancer Genet Cyto 2008; 183:83-88
- Coughlin et al., Molecular analysis and prenatal diagnosis of human fumarase deficiency. Molec Genet and Metab 1998; 63:254-262
- Toro, J.R. et al., Mutations in the Fumarate Hydratase Gene Cause Hereditary Leiomyomatosis and Renal Cell Cancer in Families in North America. Am J Hum Genet. 2003; 73:95-106
- Wei M-H. et al., Novel mutations in FH and expansion of the spectrum of phenotypes expressed in families with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer. J Med Genet. 2006; 43:18-27
- Ricketts C et al. J Natl Cancer Inst 2008; 100:1260-126