Forms and Documents
- Effective 1/29/2018, MSH2 Inversion Analysis will be included on all Oncology panels with the MSH2 gene.
- Colorectal or endometrial cancer diagnosed under 50 years of age
- Multiple colon polyps (especially ≥ 20 adenomas) at any age
- Tumor testing which indicates an increased risk for a hereditary cancer syndrome known as Lynch syndrome (e.g. microsatellite instability and/or lack of immunohistochemistry staining for a mismatch repair protein)
- Multiple cancers in one person either of the same origin (such as two separate colorectal cancers) or of different origin (such as colon and endometrial cancer in the same individual)
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with the same or related cancers (such as colon, endometrial, ovarian, urinary tract, gastric) on the same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
- Exon Array CGH
- Next-Gen Sequencing
- Canto MI et al. International Cancer of the Pancreas Screening (CAPS) Consortium summit on the management of patients with increased risk for familial pancreatic cancer. Gut. 2013 Mar;62(3):339-47. (PMID 23135763)
- Durno CA, Holter S, Sherman PM, Gallinger S. The gastrointestinal phenotype of germline biallelic mismatch repair gene mutations. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Nov;105(11):2449-56. (PMID 20531397)
- NCCN Guidelines. Gastric Cancer. (URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp) [July 2014 accessed].
- NCCN BR/OV Guidelines. Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian. Version 3.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [May 2013 accessed].
- NCCN Guidelines. Genetic/Familial High?Risk Assessment: Colorectal. (URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp) [May 2014 accessed].
- NCCN CRC Guidelines. Colorectal Cancer Screening. Version 2.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [July 2013 accessed].
- Rasool S et al. A comparative overview of general risk factors associated with the incidence of colorectal cancer. Tumour Biol. 2013 July 6 [Epub ahead of print]. (PMID 23832537)
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009: Lifetime Risk Tables (URL: http://surveillance.cancer.gov/devcan) [July2013 accessed].
- Wimmer K and Kratz CP. Constitutional mismatch repair-deficiency syndrome. Haematologica. 2010 May; 95(5): 699–701. (PMID 20442441)