Forms and Documents
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Diagnosis of a mild disease presentation
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
*Reporting times are typical, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx's reasonable control.
- 330.2 Cerebral degeneration in generalized lipidoses; Code first underlying disease, as: Fabry's disease (272.7), Gaucher's disease (272.7), Niemann-Pick disease (272.7), sphingolipidosis (272.7)
**The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Matalon, R. and Michals-Matalon, K. (Updated [August 11, 2011]) Canavan Disease. In: GeneReviews at Genetests: Medical Genetics Information Resource (database online). Copyright, University of Washington, Seattle. 1997-2011. Available at http://www.genete
- Zeng et al., (2006) Molec Genet Metab 89 :156-163.
- Kaul et al., (1994) Am J Hum Genet 55 :34-41.
- Zeng et al., (2002) J Inherit Metab Dis 25 :557-570.