Forms and Documents
- Colorectal or endometrial cancer diagnosed under 50 years of age
- Multiple colon polyps (especially ≥ 20 adenomas) at any age
- Tumor testing which indicates an increased risk for a hereditary cancer syndrome known as Lynch syndrome (e.g. microsatellite instability and/or lack of immunohistochemistry staining for a mismatch repair protein)
- Multiple cancers in one person either of the same origin (such as two separate colorectal cancers) or of different origin (such as colon and endometrial cancer in the same individual)
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with the same or related cancers (such as colon, endometrial, ovarian, urinary tract, gastric) on the same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
*Reporting times are typical, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx's reasonable control.
**The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Canto MI et al. International Cancer of the Pancreas Screening (CAPS) Consortium summit on the management of patients with increased risk for familial pancreatic cancer. Gut. 2013 Mar;62(3):339-47. (PMID 23135763)
- Durno CA, Holter S, Sherman PM, Gallinger S. The gastrointestinal phenotype of germline biallelic mismatch repair gene mutations. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Nov;105(11):2449-56. (PMID 20531397)
- NCCN Guidelines. Gastric Cancer. (URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp) [July 2014 accessed].
- NCCN BR/OV Guidelines. Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian. Version 3.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [May 2013 accessed].
- NCCN Guidelines. Genetic/Familial High?Risk Assessment: Colorectal. (URL: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp) [May 2014 accessed].
- NCCN CRC Guidelines. Colorectal Cancer Screening. Version 2.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [July 2013 accessed].
- Rasool S et al. A comparative overview of general risk factors associated with the incidence of colorectal cancer. Tumour Biol. 2013 July 6 [Epub ahead of print]. (PMID 23832537)
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009: Lifetime Risk Tables (URL: http://surveillance.cancer.gov/devcan) [July2013 accessed].
- Wimmer K and Kratz CP. Constitutional mismatch repair-deficiency syndrome. Haematologica. 2010 May; 95(5): 699–701. (PMID 20442441)