Forms and Documents
- Full sequencing testing for fetuses with prenatal ultrasound findings suggestive of Duane-Radial Ray Syndrome / Acro-Renal-Ocular Syndrome
- Mutation-specific testing for fetuses with a family history of a known SALL4 mutation
*Reporting times are typical, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx's reasonable control.
**The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Kohlhase, J. et al., Okihiro syndrome is caused by SALL4 mutations. Hum Mol Genet. 11:2979-2987, 2002
- Borozdin, W. et al., SALL4 deletions are a common cause of Okihiro and acro-renal-ocular syndromes and confirm haploinsufficiency as the pathogenic mechanism. J Med Genet. 41(9):e113, 2004
- Al-Baradie R. et al., Duane Radial Ray Syndrome (Okihiro Syndrome) Maps to 20q13 and Results from Mutations in SALL4, a New Member of the SAL Family. Am J Hum Genet. 71:1195-1199, 2002
- Kohlhase J. et al., Mutations at the SALL4 locus on chromosome 20 result in a range of clinically overlapping phenotypes, including Okihiro syndrome, Holt-Oram syndrome, acro-renal-ocular syndrome, and patients previously reported to represent thalidomide
- Borozdin, W. et al., Novel mutations in the gene SALL4 provide further evidence for acro-renalocular and Okihiro syndromes being allelic entities, and extend the phenotypic spectrum. J Med Genet.41(8):e102, 2004
- Kohlhase, J. et al., SALL4 Mutations in Okihiro syndrome (Duane-Radial Ray Syndrome), Acro-Renal-Ocular Syndrome, and Related Disorders. Hum Mutat. 26:176-183, 2005
- Miertus, J. et al., A SALL4 zinc finger missense mutation predicted to result in increased DNA binding affinity is associated with cranial midline defects and mild features of Okihiro syndrome. Hum Genet. 119: 154-161, 2006