Forms and Documents
- Determination of a clinical diagnosis
- Identification of gene implicated in genetic disease
- Recurrence risk assessment
XomeDxPlus includes whole exome sequencing as well as mitochondrial genome sequencing and deletion testing. For more information on the mitochondrial genome sequencing and deletion component of the XomeDxPlus testing, please visit our neurology/mitochondrial genetics page on our website. XomeDxPlus is best suited for individuals with clinical features suggesting a mitochondrial disorder.
- Next-Gen Sequencing
*Reporting times are typical, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx's reasonable control.
**The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Singleton AB. Exome sequencing: a transformative technology. Lancet Neurol. 2011 Oct;10(10):942-6.
- Ng SB, Bigham AW, Buckingham KJ, Hannibal MC, McMillin MJ, Gildersleeve HI, Beck AE, Tabor HK, Cooper GM, Mefford HC, Lee C, Turner EH, Smith JD, Rieder MJ, Yoshiura K, Matsumoto N, Ohta T, Niikawa N, Nickerson DA, Bamshad MJ, Shendure J. Exome sequencing
- Ku CS, Naidoo N, Pawitan Y. Revisiting Mendelian disorders through exome sequencing. Hum Genet. 2011 Apr;129(4):351-70. Epub 2011 Feb 18.
- Bamshad MJ, Ng SB, Bigham AW, Tabor HK, Emond MJ, Nickerson DA, Shendure J. Exome sequencing as a tool for Mendelian disease gene discovery. Nat Rev Genet. 2011 Sep 27;12(11):745-55.