Forms and Documents
- Breast or endometrial (uterine) cancer diagnosed under 50 years of age
- Multiple cancers in one person, either of the same origin (such as two separate breast cancers) or of different origins (such as breast cancer and ovarian cancer or endometrial and colon cancer)
- Ovarian cancer or male breast cancer at any age
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with the same or related cancers (including breast, ovarian, endometrial, pancreatic and/or prostate) on the same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry with a history of breast, ovarian or pancreatic cancer
- Deletion/Duplication Analysis
- Next-Gen Sequencing
*The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Canto MI et al. International Cancer of the Pancreas Screening (CAPS) Consortium summit on the management of patients with increased risk for familial pancreatic cancer. Gut. 2013 Mar;62(3):339-47. (PMID 23135763)
- Easton DF. How many more breast cancer predisposition genes are there? Breast Can Res. 1999 Aug;1(1):14-17. (PMID 11250676)
- NCCN BR/OV Guidelines. Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian. Version 3.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [May 2013 accessed].
- NCCN CRC Guidelines. Colorectal Cancer Screening. Version 2.2013 (URL: http://www.nccn.org/clinical.asp) [July 2013 accessed].
- Pharoah PD et al. Polygenic susceptibility to breast cancer and implications for prevention. Nat Genet. 2002 May;31(1):33-6. (PMID 11984562)
- Saslow D et al. American Cancer Society Guidelines for Breast Screening with MRI as an Adjunct to Mammography. CA Cancer J Clin. 2007 May-Jun; 57(3):185. (PMID 17392385)
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009: Lifetime Risk Tables (URL: http://surveillance.cancer.gov/devcan) [May 2013 accessed].
- van der Groep P, van der Wall E, and van Diest PJ. Pathology of hereditary breast cancer. Cell Oncol (Dordrecht). 2011 Apr;34(2):71-88. (PMID: 21336636)
- Walsh T et al. Mutations in 12 genes for inherited ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal carcinoma identified by massively parallel sequencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2011 Nov;108(44):18032-7. (PMID: 22006311)