In observance of the holidays, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, December 25, 2014 and on Thursday, January 1, 2015. We will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not be in operation. Except for the aforementioned dates, GeneDx will operate on our normal schedule (Monday-Saturday), including December 24th and December 31st. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
WAS Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Determination of appropriate treatment
- Identification of at-risk family members
- Prenatal diagnosis in at-risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 6-7 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 279.12: Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome
- Jin et al., (2004) Mutations of the Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome Protein (WASP): hotspots, effect on transcription, and translation and phenotype/genotype correlation. Blood. 104(13): 4010-4019.
- Devriendt et al., (2001) Constitutively activating mutation in WASP causes X-linked severe congenital neutropenia. Nat Genet. 3:313-317.
- Imai et al., (2003) WASP (Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein) gene mutations and phenotype. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 6:427-436.
- Ancliff et al., (2006) Two novel activating mutations in the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein result in congenital neutropenia. Blood. 108(7): 2182-2189.