In observance of Thanksgiving, GeneDx will be closed and will not accept specimens on Thursday, November 26, 2015. We will accept specimens but operate on a modified schedule on Friday, November 27, 2015. We will resume our normal schedule on Saturday, November 28, 2015. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
TP53 Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Differentiation between hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome (BRCA1, BRCA2 genes)
- Identification of family members at-risk to develop cancers related to LFS
- To determine an appropriate surveillance and treatment protocol
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with a known mutation
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative Specimen:
- Oral Rinse (30-40 mL)
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy * For ICD9 to ICD10 conversion please follow this link https://www.aapc.com/icd-10/codes/
- ICD-9 Codes:
- 194: Malignant neoplasm of other endocrine glands and related structures Excludes: islets of Langerhans (157.4) neuroendocrine tumors (209.00-209.69) ovary (183.0) testis (186.0-186.9) thymus (164.0)
- 174: Malignant neoplasm of female breast Includes: breast (female) connective tissue soft parts
- 191: Malignant neoplasm of brain Excludes: cranial nerves (192.0) retrobulbar area (190.1)
- 171: Malignant neoplasm of connective and other soft tissue Includes: blood vessel bursa fascia fat ligament, except uterine muscle peripheral, sympathetic, and parasympathetic nerves and ganglia synovia tendon (sheath) Excludes: cartilage (of): articular (170.0-170.9) larynx (161.3) nose (160.0) connective tissue: breast (174.0-175.9) internal organs code to malignant neoplasm of the site [e.g., leiomyosarcoma of stomach, 151.9] heart (164.1) uterine ligament (183.4)
- Birch et al., (1994) Cancer Res 54 :1298-1304.
- Bougeard et al., (2003) Oncogene 22:840-846.
- Eeles et al., (1995) Cancer Surv 25 :101-124.
- Ginsburg et al., (2009) Fam Cancer 8:563-567.
- Gonzalez et al., (2009) J Clin Oncol 27:1250-1256.
- Gonzalez et al., (2009) J Med Genet 46 :689-693.
- Li et al., (1988) Cancer Res 48:5358-5362.
- Tinat et al., (2009) J Clin Oncol 27(26):e108-e109.
- Varley et al., (2003) Hum Mutat 21:313-320.