In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
TP53 Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Differentiation between hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome (BRCA1, BRCA2 genes)
- Identification of family members at-risk to develop cancers related to LFS
- To determine an appropriate surveillance and treatment protocol
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with a known mutation
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 194: Malignant neoplasm of other endocrine glands and related structures Excludes: islets of Langerhans (157.4) neuroendocrine tumors (209.00-209.69) ovary (183.0) testis (186.0-186.9) thymus (164.0)
- 174: Malignant neoplasm of female breast Includes: breast (female) connective tissue soft parts
- 191: Malignant neoplasm of brain Excludes: cranial nerves (192.0) retrobulbar area (190.1)
- 171: Malignant neoplasm of connective and other soft tissue Includes: blood vessel bursa fascia fat ligament, except uterine muscle peripheral, sympathetic, and parasympathetic nerves and ganglia synovia tendon (sheath) Excludes: cartilage (of): articular (170.0-170.9) larynx (161.3) nose (160.0) connective tissue: breast (174.0-175.9) internal organs code to malignant neoplasm of the site [e.g., leiomyosarcoma of stomach, 151.9] heart (164.1) uterine ligament (183.4)
- Birch et al., (1994) Cancer Res 54 :1298-1304.
- Bougeard et al., (2003) Oncogene 22:840-846.
- Eeles et al., (1995) Cancer Surv 25 :101-124.
- Ginsburg et al., (2009) Fam Cancer 8:563-567.
- Gonzalez et al., (2009) J Clin Oncol 27:1250-1256.
- Gonzalez et al., (2009) J Med Genet 46 :689-693.
- Li et al., (1988) Cancer Res 48:5358-5362.
- Tinat et al., (2009) J Clin Oncol 27(26):e108-e109.
- Varley et al., (2003) Hum Mutat 21:313-320.