In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Exon Array CGH
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 3-4 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- 84311x1, 88271x10, 88291x1
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 796.6: Abnormal findings on neonatal screening
- 270.2: Other disturbances of aromatic amino-acid metabolism, Albinism, Alkaptonuria, Alkaptonuric ochronosis, Disturbances of metabolism of tyrosine and tryptophan, Homogentisic acid defects, Hydroxykynureninuria Hypertyrosinemia, Indicanuria, Kynureninase defects, Oasthouse urine disease, Ochronosis, Tyrosinosis, Tyrosinuria, Waardenburg syndrome
- Natt et al., (1987) Hum Genet 77:352-358.
- Charfeddine et al., (2006) Mol Genet Metab 88:184-191.
- Maydan et al., (2006) J Inherit Metab Dis 29:620-626.
- Huhn et al., (1998) Hum Genet 102:305-313.
- Natt et al., (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci 89:9297-9301.