In observance of Thanksgiving, GeneDx will be closed and will not accept specimens on Thursday, November 26, 2015. We will accept specimens but operate on a modified schedule on Friday, November 27, 2015. We will resume our normal schedule on Saturday, November 28, 2015. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- 1. Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis.
- 2. Carrier testing for family members of the affected.
- 3. Identification of clinically silent cases.
- 4. Confirmation that a potential hematopoietic stem cell transplant donor is not affected
- Lab Method:
- Exon Array CGH
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 3-4 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative Specimen:
- Oral Rinse (30-40 mL)
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy * For ICD9 to ICD10 conversion please follow this link https://www.aapc.com/icd-10/codes/
- ICD-9 Codes:
- 655.2: Hereditary disease in family possibly affecting fetus [0,1,3]
- 284.8: Other specified aplastic anemias
- 208: Acute [0-2] Acute leukemia NOS, Blast cell leukemia, Stem cell leukemia
- 287.3: Primary thrombocytopenia
- 288: Neutropenia Decreased, Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC); Use additional code for any associated: fever (780.61), mucositis (478.11, 528.00-528.09, 538, 616.81) (776.7)
- 287.5: Thrombocytopenia, unspecified
- Ballmaier M. et al, 2001, C-mpl mutations are the cause of congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia, Blood 97: 139-146
- Van den Oudenrijn S. et al, 2000, Mutations in the thrombopoietin receptor, Mpl, in children with congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia, , Brit. J. Haemat. 110: 441-448
- Ihara, K et al., 1999, Identification of mutations in the c-mpl gene in congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 96: 3132-3136
- Tonelli et al., Compound heterozygosity for two different amino acid substitutions in the thrombopoietin receptor (c-mpl gene) in congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia, 2000, Hum Genet 107:225-233