In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
LQTS Del/Dup Panel
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Test Requisition
- Specimen Requirements
- Test Info Sheet
- Physician Guide
- Patient Guide
- Medical Necessity Template
- AKAP9, ANK2, CACNA1C, CAV3, KCNE1, KCNE2, KCNH2, KCNJ2, KCNQ1, SCN4B, SCN5A, SNTA1
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis in symptomatic patients
- Risk assessment for asymptomatic family members of a proband with LQTS
- Recurrence risk calculation
- Differentiation of hereditary LQTS from acquired (non-genetic) causes of LQTS.
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with a known mutation
- Lab Method:
- Next-gen Sequencing
- Clinical Sensitivity:
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Cardiology Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 427.4: Ventricular fibrillation and flutter
- 427.9: Cardiac dysrhythmia, unspecified Arrhythmia (cardiac) NOS
- 426.82: Long QT syndrome
- 427: Cardiac dysrhythmias
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=OMIM
- Eddy CA et al., (2008) Heart Rhythm. 5(9):1275-1281.
- Vincent GM et al., (1998) Ann Rev Med 49:263-274.
- Moss AJ et al., (1995) Circulation 92:2929-2934.
- Lehnart SE et al., (2007) Circulation 116(20):2325-2345.
- Tester DJ et al., (2010) Am J Cardiol.106:1124 –1128