Loeys-Dietz Syndrome Panel
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- TGFBR1, TGFBR2
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Differentiation of a fibrillinopathy (including Marfan syndrome) from related connective tissue disorders such as Loeys-Dietz syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome vascular type
- Presymptomatic testing; Identification of family members at risk for Marfan syndrome to allow for appropriate screening and management
- Recurrence risk assessment
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with a known mutation in the TGFBR1 or TGFBR2 genes
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Clinical Sensitivity:
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 8-9 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Cardiology Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 441.5: Aortic aneurysm of unspecified site, ruptured Rupture of aorta NOS
- 754.81: Pectus excavatum Congenital funnel chest
- 512.8: Other spontaneous pneumothorax Pneumothorax
- 701.3: Striae atrophicae, Atrophic spots of skin, Atrophoderma maculatum, Atrophy blanche (of Milian), Degenerative colloid atrophy, Senile degenerative atrophy, Striae distensae
- 759.82: Marfan syndrome
- 379.32: Subluxation of lens
- 737.43: Scoliosis
- 441.00: Unspecified site
- 441.9: Aortic aneurysm of unspecified site without mention of rupture Aneurysm Dilatation of aorta, Hyaline necrosis of aorta
For price inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goudie DR et al. Multiple self-healing squamous epithelioma is caused by a disease-specific spectrum of mutations in TGRBR1. Nat Genet 43:365-369, 2011.
- de Paepe A et al. Revised diagnostic criteria for the Marfan syndrome. Am J Med Genet. 62:417-426, 1996. Loeys BL The revised Ghent Nosology for the Marfan syndrome. J Med Genet 47:476-485, 2010.
- Loeys BL et al. A syndrome of altered cardiovascular, craniofacial, neurocognitive and skeletal development caused by mutations in TGFBR1 or TGFBR2. Nat Genet 37(3):275-281, 2005.
- Van Hemelrijk C et al. The Loeys-Dietz syndrome: An update for the clinician. Curr Opin Cardiol 25:546-551, 2010.
- Boileau C et al. Molecular genetics of Marfan syndrome. Curr Opin Cardiol. 20:194-200, 2005.
- Arbustini E et al. Identification of sixty-two novel and twelve known FBN1 mutations in eighty-one unrelated probands with Marfan syndrome and other fibrillinopathies. Hum Mut. 26:494-509, 2005.
- Stheneur C et al. Identification of the minimal combination of clinical features in probands for efficient mutation detection in the FBN1 gene. Eur J Hum Genet. 17:1121-1128, 2009.
- Akutsu K et al. Genetic analysis of young adult patients with aortic disease not fulfilling the diagnostic criteria for Marfan syndrome. Circulation 74:990-997, 2010.
- Faivre L et al. Clinical and mutation-type analysis from an international series of 198 probands with a pathogenic FBN1 exons 24-32 mutation. Eur J Hum Genet. 17:491-501, 2009.
- Matyas G et al. Large genomic fibrillin-1 (FBN1) gene deletions provide evidence for true haploinsufficiency in Marfan syndrome. Hum Genet. 122:23-32, 2007.
- Loeys BL et al. Aneurysm syndromes caused by mutations in the TGF-Beta receptor N Eng J Med 355(8):788-798, 2006.
- Sthenuer C et al. Identification of 23 TGFBR2 and 6 TGFBR1 gene mutations and genotype-phenotype investigations in 457 patients with Marfan syndrome type I and II, Loeys-Dietz syndrome and related disorders. Hum Mutat 29:E284-E295, 2008.
Back To Top