In observance of Thanksgiving, GeneDx will be closed and will not accept specimens on Thursday, November 26, 2015. We will accept specimens but operate on a modified schedule on Friday, November 27, 2015. We will resume our normal schedule on Saturday, November 28, 2015. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IL2RG Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Molecular follow-up to abnormal result in newborn screen for T-cell receptor excision circles
- Differentiation between X-linked and autosomal forms of SCID
- Carrier detection in female relatives of an affected male
- Prenatal diagnosis in at-risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 6-7 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative Specimen:
- Oral Rinse (30-40 mL), Dried Blood Spots, Buccal Brushes
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy * For ICD9 to ICD10 conversion please follow this link https://www.aapc.com/icd-10/codes/
- ICD-9 Codes:
- 279.1: Immunodeficiency with predominant T-cell defect, unspecified
- 279.2: Combined immunity deficiency
- Human Gene Mutation Database (Biobase International, professional version 2010.4).
- Pepper et al. (1995) Am J Hum Genet 57:564-571.
- Puck et al. (1997) Blood 89(6):1968-1977
- Niemela et al. (2000) Clinical Immunology 95(1): 33-38.
- Kalman et al. (2004) Genetics is Medicine (review) 6(1): 16-26
- GeneReviews at GeneTests: Medical Genetics Information Resource. Copyright, University of Washington, Seattle. 1993- 2010. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov Accessed 08-2010.