In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IL2RG Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Molecular follow-up to abnormal result in newborn screen for T-cell receptor excision circles
- Differentiation between X-linked and autosomal forms of SCID
- Carrier detection in female relatives of an affected male
- Prenatal diagnosis in at-risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 6-7 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 279.1: Immunodeficiency with predominant T-cell defect, unspecified
- 279.2: Combined immunity deficiency
- Human Gene Mutation Database (Biobase International, professional version 2010.4).
- Pepper et al. (1995) Am J Hum Genet 57:564-571.
- Puck et al. (1997) Blood 89(6):1968-1977
- Niemela et al. (2000) Clinical Immunology 95(1): 33-38.
- Kalman et al. (2004) Genetics is Medicine (review) 6(1): 16-26
- GeneReviews at GeneTests: Medical Genetics Information Resource. Copyright, University of Washington, Seattle. 1993- 2010. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov Accessed 08-2010.