In observance of Thanksgiving, GeneDx will be closed and will not accept specimens on Thursday, November 26, 2015. We will accept specimens but operate on a modified schedule on Friday, November 27, 2015. We will resume our normal schedule on Saturday, November 28, 2015. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
HPD Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancie
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative Specimen:
- Oral Rinse (30-40 mL), Dried Blood Spots, Buccal Brushes
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy * For ICD9 to ICD10 conversion please follow this link https://www.aapc.com/icd-10/codes/
- ICD-9 Codes:
- 270.2: Other disturbances of aromatic amino-acid metabolism, Albinism, Alkaptonuria, Alkaptonuric ochronosis, Disturbances of metabolism of tyrosine and tryptophan, Homogentisic acid defects, Hydroxykynureninuria Hypertyrosinemia, Indicanuria, Kynureninase defects, Oasthouse urine disease, Ochronosis, Tyrosinosis, Tyrosinuria, Waardenburg syndrome
- 796.6: Abnormal findings on neonatal screening
- Item et al., (2007) Mol Genet Metab 91:379-383.
- Tomoeda et al., (2000) Mol Genet Metab 71:506-510.
- Ruetschi et al., (2000) Hum Genet 106:654-662.