In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
GCDH Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Diagnostic confirmation
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing Reflex to Exon Array
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 277.8: Other specified disorders of metabolism
- 276.2: Acidosis Acidosis
- Superti-Furga, A. and Hoffman, G (1997) Eur J Ped 156:821-828.
- Christensen E. et al., (2004) J Inherit Metab Dis 27:861-868.
- Hoffmann, G.F. et al., (1999) J Inher Metab Dis 22 :381-391.
- Zschocke, J. et al., (2000) J Med Genet 37:177- 181.
- Busquets, C. et al., (2000) Hum Mut 15(2):207.
- Goodman, SI et al., (1998) Hum Mut 12:141-4.