In observance of the holidays, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, December 25, 2014 and on Thursday, January 1, 2015. We will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not be in operation. Except for the aforementioned dates, GeneDx will operate on our normal schedule (Monday-Saturday), including December 24th and December 31st. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GALC Gene Sequencing & Del/Dup
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- 81406x1, 88271x40, 88291x1
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Neurology Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 330.0: Leukodystrophy
- Wenger, D. (Updated [Aug. 5, 2008]) Krabbe Disease. In: GeneReviews at Genetests: Medical Genetics Information Resource (database online). Copyright, University of Washington, Seattle 1997-2010. Available at http://www.genetests.org.
- Lee et al., (2010) J Neurosci 30:5489-5497.
- Xu et al., (2006) J Hum Genet 51:548-554.
- Fu, et al., (1999) J Inher Metab Dis 22:155-162.
- Lissens et al., (2007) Hum Mutat 28:742.
- De Gasperi et al., (1996) Am J Hum Genet 59:1233-1242.