In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
GALC Gene Sequencing & Del/Dup
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- 81406x1, 88271x40, 88291x1
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Neurology Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 330.0: Leukodystrophy
- Wenger, D. (Updated [Aug. 5, 2008]) Krabbe Disease. In: GeneReviews at Genetests: Medical Genetics Information Resource (database online). Copyright, University of Washington, Seattle 1997-2010. Available at http://www.genetests.org.
- Lee et al., (2010) J Neurosci 30:5489-5497.
- Xu et al., (2006) J Hum Genet 51:548-554.
- Fu, et al., (1999) J Inher Metab Dis 22:155-162.
- Lissens et al., (2007) Hum Mutat 28:742.
- De Gasperi et al., (1996) Am J Hum Genet 59:1233-1242.