In observance of the holidays, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, December 25, 2014 and on Thursday, January 1, 2015. We will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not be in operation. Except for the aforementioned dates, GeneDx will operate on our normal schedule (Monday-Saturday), including December 24th and December 31st. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
GAA Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing Reflex to Exon Array
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 786.9: Respiratory insufficiency
- 271: Glycogen Storage Disease
- 429.3: Cardiomegaly
- Kroos et al., (1995) J Med Genet 32:836-837.
- Raben et al, (2002) Curr Molec Med 2:145-166.
- Kroos et al, (2007) Neurology 68:110-115.
- Hermans et al, (2004) Hum Mut 23:47-56.
- Montalvo et al., (2006) Hum Mut 27:999-1006.
- McCready et al., (2007) Mol Genet Metab 92:325-335.
- Oba-Shinjo et al., (2009) J Neurol 256:1881-1890.
- Pittis et al., (2008) Hum Mutat 29:E27-36.
- Joshi et al., (2008) J Inherit Metab Dis #113 Online
- Van der Kraan et al., (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 203:1535-41.