In observance of Independence Day, GeneDx will be closed on Friday, July 3rd, and Saturday, July 4th. Nevertheless, all specimens arriving on Friday, July 3rd will be accepted, accessioned and processed. We will not accept specimens on Saturday, July 4th. We will resume our normal Monday through Saturday schedule on Monday, July 6, 2015. Please also note that FedEx works on a modified schedule on Friday, July 3rd and FedEx and UPS are closed on Saturday, July 4th. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GAA Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing Reflex to Exon Array
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 786.9: Respiratory insufficiency
- 271: Glycogen Storage Disease
- 429.3: Cardiomegaly
- Kroos et al., (1995) J Med Genet 32:836-837.
- Raben et al, (2002) Curr Molec Med 2:145-166.
- Kroos et al, (2007) Neurology 68:110-115.
- Hermans et al, (2004) Hum Mut 23:47-56.
- Montalvo et al., (2006) Hum Mut 27:999-1006.
- McCready et al., (2007) Mol Genet Metab 92:325-335.
- Oba-Shinjo et al., (2009) J Neurol 256:1881-1890.
- Pittis et al., (2008) Hum Mutat 29:E27-36.
- Joshi et al., (2008) J Inherit Metab Dis #113 Online
- Van der Kraan et al., (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 203:1535-41.