In observance of the holidays, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, December 25, 2014 and on Thursday, January 1, 2015. We will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not be in operation. Except for the aforementioned dates, GeneDx will operate on our normal schedule (Monday-Saturday), including December 24th and December 31st. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of clinical diagnosis
- Identification of those individuals at risk for renal cancer (and other BHD-associated features) who first present with skin findings
- Identification of at-risk family members
- Recurrence risk calculation
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Lab Method:
- Exon Array CGH
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 3-4 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- 84311x1, 88271x10, 88291x1
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 189: Kidney, except pelvis Kidney NOS, Kidney parenchyma
- 216: Benign neoplasm of skin Includes: blue nevus dermatofibroma hydrocystoma pigmented nevus syringoadenoma syringoma
- 748.4: Congenital cystic lung Disease, lung: cystic, congenital polycystic, congenital Honeycomb lung, congenital
- 704.9: Unspecified disease of hair and hair follicles
- 512.8: Other spontaneous pneumothorax Pneumothorax
- V12.72: Colonic polyps
- Schmidt, L. et al., (2005) Am J Hum Genet. 76: 39-44.
- Painter, J. et al., (2005) Am J Hum Genet. 76: 522-27.
- Graham, R. et al., (2005) Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 172: 39-44.
- Kunogi, M. et al., (2010) J Med Genet 47:281-287.