In observance of Independence Day, GeneDx will be closed on Friday, July 3rd, and Saturday, July 4th. Nevertheless, all specimens arriving on Friday, July 3rd will be accepted, accessioned and processed. We will not accept specimens on Saturday, July 4th. We will resume our normal Monday through Saturday schedule on Monday, July 6, 2015. Please also note that FedEx works on a modified schedule on Friday, July 3rd and FedEx and UPS are closed on Saturday, July 4th. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of clinical diagnosis
- Identification of those individuals at risk for renal cancer (and other BHD-associated features) who first present with skin findings
- Identification of at-risk family members
- Recurrence risk calculation
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Lab Method:
- Exon Array CGH
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 3-4 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 189: Kidney, except pelvis Kidney NOS, Kidney parenchyma
- 216: Benign neoplasm of skin Includes: blue nevus dermatofibroma hydrocystoma pigmented nevus syringoadenoma syringoma
- 748.4: Congenital cystic lung Disease, lung: cystic, congenital polycystic, congenital Honeycomb lung, congenital
- 704.9: Unspecified disease of hair and hair follicles
- 512.8: Other spontaneous pneumothorax Pneumothorax
- V12.72: Colonic polyps
- Schmidt, L. et al., (2005) Am J Hum Genet. 76: 39-44.
- Painter, J. et al., (2005) Am J Hum Genet. 76: 522-27.
- Graham, R. et al., (2005) Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 172: 39-44.
- Kunogi, M. et al., (2010) J Med Genet 47:281-287.