In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of clinical diagnosis
- Identification of those individuals at risk for renal cancer (and other BHD-associated features) who first present with skin findings
- Identification of at-risk family members
- Recurrence risk calculation
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Lab Method:
- Exon Array CGH
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 3-4 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- 84311x1, 88271x10, 88291x1
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 189: Kidney, except pelvis Kidney NOS, Kidney parenchyma
- 216: Benign neoplasm of skin Includes: blue nevus dermatofibroma hydrocystoma pigmented nevus syringoadenoma syringoma
- 748.4: Congenital cystic lung Disease, lung: cystic, congenital polycystic, congenital Honeycomb lung, congenital
- 704.9: Unspecified disease of hair and hair follicles
- 512.8: Other spontaneous pneumothorax Pneumothorax
- V12.72: Colonic polyps
- Schmidt, L. et al., (2005) Am J Hum Genet. 76: 39-44.
- Painter, J. et al., (2005) Am J Hum Genet. 76: 522-27.
- Graham, R. et al., (2005) Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 172: 39-44.
- Kunogi, M. et al., (2010) J Med Genet 47:281-287.