In observance of Independence Day, GeneDx will be closed on Friday, July 3rd, and Saturday, July 4th. Nevertheless, all specimens arriving on Friday, July 3rd will be accepted, accessioned and processed. We will not accept specimens on Saturday, July 4th. We will resume our normal Monday through Saturday schedule on Monday, July 6, 2015. Please also note that FedEx works on a modified schedule on Friday, July 3rd and FedEx and UPS are closed on Saturday, July 4th. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COL7A1 Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Recurrence risk calculation
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with an affected child and defined mutation
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 7-8 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 757.39: Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Varki et al., 2007 J Med Genet 44: 181-192.
- Anton-Lamprecht I, Gedde-Dahl T. Epidermolysis bullosa. In: Rimoin DL, Connor JM, Pyeritz RE, Korf BR, eds. Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics. 4th ed. London: Churchill-Livingston; 2002;3810-3897.
- Fine J-D, et al. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000;42:1051-106
- Rouan F, et al. 1998 J Invest Dermatol.111:1210.
- Jarvikallio A et al. 1997 Hum Mutat.10:338.