In observance of the holidays, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, December 25, 2014 and on Thursday, January 1, 2015. We will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not be in operation. Except for the aforementioned dates, GeneDx will operate on our normal schedule (Monday-Saturday), including December 24th and December 31st. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COL7A1 Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Recurrence risk calculation
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with an affected child and defined mutation
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 7-8 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 757.39: Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Varki et al., 2007 J Med Genet 44: 181-192.
- Anton-Lamprecht I, Gedde-Dahl T. Epidermolysis bullosa. In: Rimoin DL, Connor JM, Pyeritz RE, Korf BR, eds. Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics. 4th ed. London: Churchill-Livingston; 2002;3810-3897.
- Fine J-D, et al. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000;42:1051-106
- Rouan F, et al. 1998 J Invest Dermatol.111:1210.
- Jarvikallio A et al. 1997 Hum Mutat.10:338.