In observance of the holidays, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, December 25, 2014 and on Thursday, January 1, 2015. We will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not be in operation. Except for the aforementioned dates, GeneDx will operate on our normal schedule (Monday-Saturday), including December 24th and December 31st. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHM Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Development of an appropriate management plan
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with a defined mutation
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 5-6 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 743.5: Congenital anomalies of posterior segment
- 362.74: Pigmentary retinal dystrophy, Retinal dystrophy, albipunctate, Retinitis pigmentosa
- McTaggart KE, Tran M, Mah DY, Lai SW, Nesslinger NJ, MacDonald IM. Mutational analysis of patients with the diagnosis of choroideremia. Hum Mutat. 2002 Sep;20(3):189-96.
- Smaoui N, T.L. McGee, N. Nwokekeh, C.Weigel-DiFranco, B. Rosner, J.F. Hejtmancik, E.L. Berson Mutation Spectrum of the CHM Gene in Patients With Choroideremia. ARVO May 6-10, 2007 Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Genetic Diseases of the Eye. Ed. Elias I. Traboulsi. New York and Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998.
- Cremers FP, van de Pol DJ, van Kerkhoff LP, Wieringa B, Ropers HH (1990) Cloning of a gene that is rearranged in patients with choroideraemia. Nature 347:674-7.