In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- CYBA, NCF2
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of clinical or laboratory diagnosis.
- Identification of the involved gene and the specific mutation to permit accurate genetic counseling.
- Carrier testing or rapid diagnosis in relatives
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 5-7 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 288.1: Functional disorders of polymorphonuclear neutrophils, Chronic (childhood) granulomatous disease, Congenital dysphagocytosis, Job's syndrome, Lipochrome histiocytosis (familial), Progressive septic granulomatosis
- Yu G et al, 2008, Focus on FOCIS: The continuing diagnostic challenge of autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease.
- Heyworth PG, et al, 2001, Hematologically Important Mutations: X-linked chronic granulomatous disease (second update), Blood Cells Molecules and Diseases 27:16.