In observance of Independence Day, GeneDx will be closed on Friday, July 3rd, and Saturday, July 4th. Nevertheless, all specimens arriving on Friday, July 3rd will be accepted, accessioned and processed. We will not accept specimens on Saturday, July 4th. We will resume our normal Monday through Saturday schedule on Monday, July 6, 2015. Please also note that FedEx works on a modified schedule on Friday, July 3rd and FedEx and UPS are closed on Saturday, July 4th. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- CYBA, NCF2
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of clinical or laboratory diagnosis.
- Identification of the involved gene and the specific mutation to permit accurate genetic counseling.
- Carrier testing or rapid diagnosis in relatives
- Prenatal diagnosis
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 5-7 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 288.1: Functional disorders of polymorphonuclear neutrophils, Chronic (childhood) granulomatous disease, Congenital dysphagocytosis, Job's syndrome, Lipochrome histiocytosis (familial), Progressive septic granulomatosis
- Yu G et al, 2008, Focus on FOCIS: The continuing diagnostic challenge of autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease.
- Heyworth PG, et al, 2001, Hematologically Important Mutations: X-linked chronic granulomatous disease (second update), Blood Cells Molecules and Diseases 27:16.