In observance of the holiday, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, November 27, 2014, and will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not operate. We will accept specimens on Friday, November 28, and will resume our normal work schedule on Saturday, November 29, 2014. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BLM Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis or positive cytogenetic testing for sister chromatid exchange (SCE)
- Carrier testing in at-risk family members
- Prenatal diagnosis for known mutations
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 6-8 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- 81209x1, 81479x1
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Oncology Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 783.43: Short stature, Growth failure, Growth retardation, Lack of growth, Physical retardation
- V84.09: Genetic susceptibility to other malignant neoplasm
- 757.39: Other Accessory skin tags, congenital, Congenital scar, Epidermolysis bullosa, Keratoderma (congenital)
- Hickson, I et al., (2001) Biochem Soc Trans. 29:201-204.
- Roa, B et al., (1999) Genet Test. 3(2): 219-221.
- German, J et al., (2007) Hum Mut. 28(8):743-753.
- Ellis, N et al., (1998) Am J Hum Genet. 63:1685-1693.
- Ellis, N et al., (1995) Cell. 83:655-666.
- Ellis, N et al., (1994) Am J Hum Genet. 55:453-460.