In observance of Thanksgiving, GeneDx will be closed and will not accept specimens on Thursday, November 26, 2015. We will accept specimens but operate on a modified schedule on Friday, November 27, 2015. We will resume our normal schedule on Saturday, November 28, 2015. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at email@example.com.
ASL Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing Reflex to Exon Array
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- Alternative Specimen:
- Oral Rinse (30-40 mL)
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy * For ICD9 to ICD10 conversion please follow this link https://www.aapc.com/icd-10/codes/
- ICD-9 Codes:
- 270.6: Disorders of urea cycle metabolism, Argininosuccinic aciduria, Citrullinemia, Disorders of metabolism of ornithine, citrulline, argininosuccinic acid, arginine, and ammonia, Hyperammonemia, Hyperornithinemia
- Barbosa et al., (1991) J Biol Chem 266:5286.
- Mercimek-Mahmutoglu et al., (2010) Mol Genet Metab 100:24.
- Al- Sayed, et al., (2005) J Inherit Metab Dis 28:877-883
- Imtiaz BMC Res Notes 18:79.
- Linnebank, et al., (2002) Hum Genet 111:350-359.