In observance of the holidays, GeneDx will be closed for business on Thursday, December 25, 2014 and on Thursday, January 1, 2015. We will be unable to receive and process specimens. FedEx and UPS will also not be in operation. Except for the aforementioned dates, GeneDx will operate on our normal schedule (Monday-Saturday), including December 24th and December 31st. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARSA Gene Sequencing
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of biochemical diagnosis
- Carrier testing
- Prenatal diagnosis in at risk pregnancies
- Lab Method:
- Capillary Sequencing Reflex to Exon Array
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 4-5 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 330.1: Tay-Sachs disease hexosaminidase A deficiency; Cerebral lipidoses
- Harvey et al., (1998) Hum Mol Genet 7 :1215-1219.
- Gieselmann et al., (1994) Hum Mutat 4:233-242.
- Eng et al., (2003) Hum Mutat 22:418-9.
- Bertelli et al., (2006) J Clin Neurosci 13:442-448.
- Eng et al., (2004) Am J Med Genet A 128A:95-7.
- Biffi et al., (2008) Clin Genet 74:349-357.
- Grossi et al., (2008) Hum Mutat 29:E220-30.
- Fluharty, A. (Updated [Sept. 30, 2008]) Arylsulfatase A Deficiency. In: GeneReviews at Genetests: Medical Genetics Information Resource (database online). Copyright, University of Washington, Seattle. 1997-2011. Available at http://www.genetests.org.