In observance of Independence Day, GeneDx will be closed on Friday, July 3rd, and Saturday, July 4th. Nevertheless, all specimens arriving on Friday, July 3rd will be accepted, accessioned and processed. We will not accept specimens on Saturday, July 4th. We will resume our normal Monday through Saturday schedule on Monday, July 6, 2015. Please also note that FedEx works on a modified schedule on Friday, July 3rd and FedEx and UPS are closed on Saturday, July 4th. If you have any questions or inquiries, please call us at 301-519-2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- RNASEH2A, RNASEH2B, RNASEH2C, TREX1
- Clinical Utility:
- Confirmation of a clinical diagnosis
- Development of an appropriate management plan
- Prenatal diagnosis in families with a defined mutation
- Carrier testing
- Lab Method:
- Next-gen Sequencing
- Test Code:
- Turnaround Time:
- 6-8 weeks
- Preferred Specimen:
- 2-5 mL Blood - Lavender Top Tube
- CPT Codes:
- New York Approved:
- ABN Required:
- Billing Information:
- View Neurology Billing Policy
- ICD Codes:
- 333: Other degenerative diseases of the basal ganglia, Atrophy or degeneration: olivopontocerebellar [Déjérine-Thomas syndrome], pigmentary pallidal [Hallervorden-Spatz disease], striatonigral Parkinsonian syndrome associated with: idiopathic orthostatic hypotension symptomatic orthostatic hypotension Progressive supranuclear ophthalmoplegia Shy-Drager syndrome
- 315.9: Unspecified delay in development, Developmental disorder NOS, Learning disorder NOS
- 779: Convulsions in newborn, Fits in newborn, Seizures in newborn
- 333.6: Genetic torsion dystonia Dystonia: deformans progressiva, musculorum deformans (Schwalbe-), Ziehen-Oppenheim disease
- Lebon et al., (1988) J Neurol Sci 84:201-208
- Bonnemann et al., (1992). Neuropediatrics. 23:157-161
- Tolmie et al., (1995) J Med Genet. 32: 881-884
- Goutieres et al., (1998) Ann Neurol, 1998. 44:900-907.
- Kuijpers et al., (2002) Eur J Paediatr Neurol 6 Suppl A: A59-64; discussion A65-6, A77-86.
- Crow et al., (2008) Dev Med Child Neurol. 50:410-416.
- Aicardi, J. and F. Goutieres, (2000) Neuropediatrics 31:113.
- Giroud et al., (1986) Childs Nerv Syst 2:47-48.
- Rice, G., et al., (2007) Am J Hum Genet 80:811-815