The GeneDx mission is to make clinical testing available to people with rare genetic conditions and their families. We strive to provide an exceptional customer experience throughout the entire testing process. If at any point in this process, your patients have questions or concerns, they may always reach out to GeneDx for assistance.
Our patient advocates will reach out to the patient’s insurance provider to perform a benefit investigation. This will help determine the out-of-pocket expense. We will attempt to contact the patient if their out-of-pocket expense is expected to be greater than $100. Our patient advocates will review the information and discuss payment plan options. A Financial Assistance Program is available to patients with financial difficulties.GeneDx is committed to ensuring that its diagnostic genetic testing services are reasonably affordable.
Financial Assistance Program
If patients satisfy the below requirements, they can be considered for our financial assistance program, which offers patients a discounted out of pocket cost based on their financial standing.
Qualifications for the financial assistance program:
- You have healthcare insurance and are experiencing financial hardship
- Patient’s GeneDx balance is greater than $100
Compassionate Care Price
If the patient satisfies the following requirements and is experiencing financial hardship, they can be considered for our compassionate care pricing.
Qualifications for the compassionate care pricing:
- Patient holds Medicaid insurance but the test is not covered by Medicaid
- Patient holds Medicare insurance but the test is not covered by Medicare
- Patient holds Tricare insurance but the test is not covered by Tricare
- Patient’s annual household income is less than 4 times the federal poverty guidelines