Add Another Test
What is an “Add-on Test”?
An add-on test means ordering another test for a person whose specimen is already at GeneDx. In general, for any specimen that has been submitted to GeneDx, additional tests may be ordered at any time.
Details of Test Addition
What information must be submitted for ordering an additional test?
To add on testing, please include the following information:
- Patient first and last name
- Date of birth
- GeneDx accession number (if available)
- Test to be added
- Method of payment/authorization
- Billing address
Is another specimen is required?
No. In the rare event that the existing specimen is not sufficient for completing additional tests, you will be notified within a week after the add-on order has been received.
What else should be considered when ordering an add-on test?
- If the ordering physician and/or payment method has changed, please submit a new requisition and payment option form, available on our website here.
- For Institutional Billing: Please note that the add-on order MUST include authorization from the party to be billed. Physicians, counselors, and medical professionals, please route your requests through the in-house or local laboratory that initially handled the specimen.
- For your convenience, use the Add-on form.
- Please be aware that the patient is responsible in all cases for fees not covered by the selected payment type.